LooLoo's Box Banner

LooLoo's Box Banner
LooLoo's Box Handcrafted Jewelry: Artisan Jewelry, from Sterling to Steampunk

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Steampunk Plays Dress Up, plus lots of rings!

Sunday my Neal the Patient and Tolerant took me to Shipwreck Beads, supposedly one of the biggest bead stores in the world.  I believe it - it's HUGE!  We were there for three hours, which is unlike me - I am NOT a recreational shopper. I came home with carnelian beads,  some tigerseye, a little bit of super fancy Czech fire polished sparklers, some metal beads, a string of 10mm burgundy freshwater pearls, a roll of awesome gunmetal chain (below)  and lots of hematite.  For some reason I have been lusting after hematite.  Here's what I made today:

A huge Hamilton pocket watch face plate, silver fill wire, hematite beads, silver plated beads & caps, gunmetal chain

It was difficult to photograph well, so I left the image file big for the close-up potential.  I think it turned out pretty awesome - what do you think?

Today was a photo day: More proof that I am NOT a hand model:

I cast the steampunk cabochon myself.  :-)

Completely hand made by me, cabochon and brass band!

This is a huge 18mm foil backed cab from the 1930's Germany.

Cast into a stainless watch back.

A very nice Swiss watch movement with a prong set Swarovski rhinestone



Ingredients: 12 gauge copper wire & hand tools
Lots more in the pipeline, so stay tuned!

Always My Best,

Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment